6.13.2011

The gift of Love...

Sunflowers!
Do they make you smile?
They have always been my favorite
HAPPY flower,
like a big smiley face.

Several years ago my dad gave me the
greatest gift.
We have lived several states apart my entire adult life.
In the summer of 2005 my family
went on vacation to visit for the 4th of July.

My dad, knowing my favorite flower, surprised
me with the most amazing gift....

Nearly an acre of sunflowers planted
 just.
for.
me!

Imagine the love I felt.



My dad passed away suddenly in 2007.
Every 4th of July since, I have displayed a large bouquet 
of sunflowers to remember
that loving gift from my daddy.

THIS year, I have my own little sunflower garden of my own.
My sweet husband gave me a corner of our garden 
JUST for Sunflowers.

I can't wait for them to bloom!!! Happy smiley-faced flowers,
a beautiful reminder of a loving gift.

Each day we have an opportunity to give...

IN FACT...
Smokey, the cat, brought me a special gift today....along with the fresh leaves
from the tree he found it in.
Thank you Smokey, I love you too.
Next time you can leave it at the door...outside :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/13/2011

    What a sweet love :) I don't want to be without my Daddy !!! But I love how we can have sweet memories in our hearts forever..xo love u friend She~she

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie Lindberg11/08/2011

    Just loved your story of a great love, you and your dad had. You are so fortunate to have that, not everyone has such a close bond with their father. Such cherished memories to hold close to your heart. Always know your dad is with you in spirit and you'll be together again!
    Thanks for sharing Jodi, I love you! xoxoxo

    Love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!