3.16.2014

Celebrating... { Six }

Family Tradition

Great Grandma's Swedish Rye Bread


One of our special family traditions is making Great Grandma Brasks
"Swedish Rye Bread" at Christmas.  This long standing Swedish tradition
is a favorite for us. Jeff makes it every year and we share it
with our family and friends. 

It is delicious toasted with butter on a cold winters day. 
 Our kids have the recipe in their
that I made for them as a gift over a year ago.

(psst...kids.... Mom made a typo on this recipe! Change the salt to 1 TABLESPOON, oops)


As the kids were growing up, Jeff and Janelle would often make this bread together.

Janelle now lives with her husband in PA, so she and dad
didn't have that opportunity during the Holidays.

But, since we were visiting, dad decided it would be so fun to make another memory with his sweet girl.








This recipe takes a few hours and I guess I got distracted because
I didn't get any pictures of the finished bread!  
I did find, however, this old picture 
of the bread when they made it together several years ago at our home.
(BEFORE we remodeled our kitchen and I painted the corner cabinets white!)


(Sorry, Janelle, I know you aren't fixed up in this picture, but you are still adorable!
Unlike that awful old kitchen!! ew)

Moms, isn't there something so sweet about watching your husband
cook with your daughter? Heart swelling!
*sigh*

xoxox 
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!