12.20.2011

Easy Breezy Almond Roca! Simple gift giving...




Now that our kitchen is functional again,
can I get a *woooo hoooo*,
we have been baking!

One of my sons absolute favorites is this
Easy (with a Capital E!!)
Almond Roca Recipe
I have a batch cooling right now for him to take
up to Mt. Baker to go snowboarding.

EASY Almond Roca Recipe

1 Cup Salted Butter (2 Sticks)
1 Cup granulated Sugar
2 TBS water

Melt butter in medium sauce pan,
Stir in sugar and water
and bring to a rolling boil.

Add 1 Cup Chopped (or sliced) roasted Almonds
Stir occasionally.
Cook until it looks and SMELLS burnt.
It will be a medium brown color.
(don't panic, I undercooked this the first couple times because I was worried it was burnt)
If its undercooked, it will be chewy.

Pour onto foil or parchment paper 
(I like to line my cookie sheet, and pour into that)

Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips while still hot.
When they start to melt
use a spoon to spread the chocolate like frosting.
Sprinkle the top with more almonds.

Let cool completely and break apart.
Sometimes I will put it in the freezer to speed up the process.

Makes a great (delicious AND easy) gift!

I also found this Chocolate Covered Peanut recipe over
Its also super easy and done in a crock pot!
I have mine going right now,
I cant wait to try it out.
I know! A Crock Pot! 
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!