8.03.2013

Another Season

August!
It's already August!
Yesterday was a bit misty and cloudy,
there was a chill in the air.
I think I smelled Fall
sneaking in.
I got a little excited about the coming of my favorite season.
Just a little.


Then, I remembered that September means that 
my "baby" will be leaving home
and starting an adventure of his very own.
Going STATES away.
Waking himself up each morning.
Packing his own lunch.
Washing his own clothes each week.
and
*sniffle*
Tucking himself in each night.




Of course, he has been tucking himself in for years,
but I have closed my eyes each night
knowing he is safe and warm under our roof.



So, August...
I embrace you.
I will savor these last bits of your summer heat.
I will not take for granted the gift of another day...
the extra hours of daylight...
and moments I have to spend with my precious son...
before he heads off to school
and becomes the man God has designed him to be.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/03/2013

    Well said !! Let it last a little longer.. love you :) Great Pictures ( Auntie)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!