11.07.2013

The Hood River Fruit Loop

A few weeks ago Izzy and I jumped in the car and headed
down to Portland to spend some time
with my wonderful in laws.

The weather was a gorgeous 73* and sunshine.
A perfect Fall weekend to go explore the

Our first stop was the Pheasant Valley Winery




This gorgeous original painting of Mt. Hood hangs inside the tasting room at the winery. 

Its a lovely winery with a gorgeous vineyard.
The colors were breathtaking.
I didn't try the wine since it was so early in the day, but Jeff and I will definitely come back sometime!


My precious mother in law, June, posing with the vineyard.



After leaving the winery, we enjoyed the beauty of the outside.

Cant you picture a romantic picnic along side of this river?
A wool blanket, a bottle of wine, some cheese and fresh apples...
holding hands while breathing in the Fall air.
*Mmmmm*






We stopped at this ADORABLE country store next.
Papa and Izzy sat outside in the vintage chairs while June and I
meandered through the store.


Oh my! 
They had fresh pies and jams and sausages and sooooo many yummy things!
I bought some pepper jelly & smoked sausages for Jeff
once he comes home from deployment.


 After wiping the samples from our chins, we jumped back in the
car and drove up the road to our next stop.
On the way we could see Mt. Hood in the distance.
The mountain was so close, but the haze in the sky makes it look so far away.
The colors in the fruit trees just pop against the backdrop.



Our next stop was at the apple stand. Oh my goodness!
If you love apples, this is the place to go!
They have so many varieties.
The ginormous apple on the left is actually its normal size for its type.
(Sorry I don't remember what kind it is)
and the one on the right is a honey crisp.



This is a HUGE pear. They had a wide variety of pears as well.






While they were picking out apples, Izzy and I explored the property.










We loaded up the bags of apples and a half gallon of fresh
Apple Cider and continued along the loop.
(If you are interested in seeing where the loop is, I posted a link at the beginning)



Our last stop was here.


This sweet store had some fruit, but specialized in desserts!
Cookies & Pies galore.
They also had several varieties of jellies, honey, canned fruits to choose from.
The decor was darling and pure country.


After our adventure, we continued into the town of Hood River, OR
for lunch.
We ate at The Hood River Inn. A delicious restaurant right on the Columbia River.

I know this post is a little late. When I got back from visiting them I came
down with a stubborn cold. I just didn't feel like writing until now.
As always, Thank you for reading this little blog.
It's such a joy to share my life and loves with you.

xoxo
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!