11.20.2013

The Master Bedroom & the Evening light...


The late afternoon light on the tree outside my dining room window took my breath away the other day . One of my favorite things about living here is the stunning sunsets.
I have not been able to fully capture its splendor, but it is a lovely way to end the day.


I also have been enjoying my cozy bedroom on these cool nights.
I can finally say that its what I envisioned it to be.
I painted the desk and bed in the same creamy color as my kitchen cabinets.
I used an enamel paint and love the results.



I decided to keep the inside of the desk the stained wood. I love the contrast and
the wood tones tie together with the chair and window blinds.  Keeping it
from looking overly feminine.


I found the duvet cover and shams at the local Goodwill for $24. They were
in perfect condition. After a good wash it added the warmth
and texture I was looking for.
The two decorative pillows, and the area rug were a steal from Ross.
I love Ross pillows because most are down filled with zippers.
The rug is not an expensive rug at all and the quality reflects that, BUT it
was perfect for the bedroom in both color and price. 
Only $59 for a 9x13!


I have carried this print for nearly 20 years! The father of a friend of mine made
the frame and I distressed it and repainted it about 4 times over the years.
I think its perfect now. This image is an honest reflection of
what I love. I feel so much peace looking into it. 


I have thought about repainting the wall color to a neutral. But this room doesn't get
much natural light and the color is cheerful, yet restful for a bedroom.
As much as I don't like the look of a TV in the bedroom, I will
be the first to say I like to watch me some HGTV at night.
It is what it is.





That sweet little chair was another simple reupholster job I tackled.
I decided to keep it in wood tones and the fabric coordinates perfectly.
Here's a peek of that process:





Looking out the master to the hallway. 
This used to be open to the kitchen before we remodeled the kitchen
a few years ago. The mirror and lamp keep it bright.


And... to keep it real...
This is my messy closet! 
The antique doors are leaning because we are trying to figure out
the best way to attach them. Either as sliding barn style or as french doors.
Its funny how you get used to the undone stuff over time!


Maybe I'll go tackle that closet today...
or not. 

*Cheers* to making a room comfy on a tight budget!!

xoxo
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Wow... and at least you HAVE a closet! Mine is 4 ft tall and 2 ft wide, seriously! The whole room is beautiful.
    ~Chris
    PS I just saw a chair at our thrift store like yours... I may need to swing by there after work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! We did luck out on the closet. A while back the original owners daughter stopped by for her 60th Birthday. She told me that that room which is our closet was built soon after her parents moved in as a nursery for her. It was an empty room when we moved in and makes a perfect light filled closet. A rare find in an old house, as you know! Did you go get that chair after work? I will be looking for it on your blog :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xo

      Delete

Please let me know you stopped by!