3.17.2014

Celebrating...{ Seven }

Change....

(*This is the final post of the Celebrating series. To read from the beginning, you can start here.)


Change comes with every decision we make.
For example, this is our new grand-puppy Spieler.

When Janelle and Justin brought him home just 9 short months
ago I'm sure they didn't expect how much their life would change!




He has grown about 10 pounds a month, but still thinks he is a lap dog.
He is well behaved, but at 90 pounds, this bundle of love & licks can pin you down in no time flat. (The more I screamed, the more he licked!)

They knew a puppy would require much work and discipline, 
but they underestimated the fun and love they would know owning a dog like Spieler.


CHANGE...
After a long and cold snowy season, Janelle was ready for a change around her house too.  She has done an amazing job creating a cozy and organized home
for she and Justin. She has a real knack for putting things together!
(I didn't get many good pictures of their cute little house)





One day, she asked me to help her create a Spring mantle. 
As if creating Spring inside would melt the snow outside.
But after a LONG Winter Season, she needed to FEEL Spring was close.
So, while visiting Amish Country, we found this faux birdcage and
the sweet little blue bird.

The next day, while she was working on her wedding quilt,
I went to work on the mantle.  I "shopped" her house 
to find just the right things.




It didn't take me long to find the perfect pieces.
A framed chalkboard and a blue vase that was used at their Wedding.
She had already written the verse on the chalk board.


While Janelle was sewing and I was playing with the mantle, Jeff
and Justin found some time to relax on the sofa.




When I was done, I stood back, content with what I had created by bringing Spring to the mantle...

But I thought I heard some snickering.... it seems
Winter FUN still lingered in the corner, 
mocking me...



Sometimes it takes us a little time to accept that change is coming.  That a NEW season is approaching.
***

And boy, do we know about that!
We are preparing for big changes too!
That verse will prove to be one I want to memorize as we navigate the upcoming months.

And of course,
You will be with us each step of the way!


xoxox
Jodi

(If you don't want to miss a post, please add your email address to the box in the right hand corner. You will receive the latest post in your email. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!