3.12.2014

Celebrating... { Two }

This boy!

I know, he is a man now, 
but he will always be my little boy.


While we were visiting the East Coast last month, 
our oldest son celebrated his 24th Birthday!!

 How can it be ...





 That the little baby boy
is already 24!?



 Jarrod, 

You have been a wonderful big brother and son. You have made us laugh
til our sides hurt with your slapstick antics and silly sense of humor.






Sure, there were times that your boy humor made me a little crazy.
But I wouldn't change anything about you.
You are pretty amazing.











You are a very talented guitarist. So creative and gifted!
A gift from our Heavenly Father.







And Dad & I couldn't be prouder.



Happy 24th Birthday Sweet Jarrod.
Your family loves you more than you can ever imagine.


You are going to do great things.
Be patient, life is a journey.
Enjoy the scenery along its path.
If you stumble (we all do!),
brush off the dust and keep moving forward.
Keeping your eye on the prize.

When you get tired and think you haven't gone very far,
look at the path behind you...
and remember all that you have learned along the way.
Then look ahead and see 
those who love you cheering you on!
...and smile.




xoxo
Mom

PS. Do you remember writing this?
Dad was on a ship in the Persian Gulf and the trade centers had just been attacked.
Your heart has always been so tender. Don't ever change.
Keep on building...I hear a crowd cheering for you too!



1 comment:

  1. I love his poem...lol :) Thanks for sharing the pictures! I don't think I have ever seen some of those :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!