7.14.2013

It's about time!

A hundred times. At least. That's how many times I thought about you. AT LEAST a hundred times.  I've poured a hundred cups of coffee. I've sat in my blogging chair and stared at the screen at least a hundred times. Not all in one day of course, that's A LOT of coffee. But I couldn't find the words.


I wanted to tell you every detail of of my daughters gorgeous vintage inspired wedding...LAST FALL.  About how happy I was for her and Justin. And how my oldest son played guitar as she walked with her daddy in his uniform down the grassy isle.


















And the 130 jars of jam we made with raspberries from our garden & shipped to Pennsylvania. I thought of you as I made the bouquets with fabric and antique jewelry.


































I wanted to tell you about the day that we had to say goodbye to our precious Sampson after 15 years of his unconditional snuggles and licks.  And how I swore we would not get another dog because I was too sad.





And how this little girl found me when I needed her deep brown eyes, slobbery kisses more than ever. I wanted to tell you how this ten pounds of precious has turned me into one of those silly ladies that talks to her pet in a baby voice. You would've laughed with me when I put the pink vest on her so she wouldn't be cold when we took her to the beach to go clamming last Spring.






I couldn't wait to tell you how proud I was to see my baby graduate high school this year and get accepted into Wyotech to pursue his passion. And show you pictures of my family all together under one roof after nearly a year apart.











I should've shared my joy on Christmas morning, when I opened my gift from my husband.  A new camera. A fancy kind. Way to fancy for me. He said it was so I could take pretty pictures for my blog. My heart swelled. He believes in me and my little blog. I just needed to believe it too.

So, I took a ton of random pictures...good and bad...of my newly painted living room...
and dining room....and kitchen....and of course, Izzy my sweet girl. Obviously, I still have much more to learn about focus, lighting and editing. I'm working on it.














There were at least 85 other reasons I wanted to grab my computer and share life with you, the sweet friends I've never met.  But I didn't because I thought no one really read this little blog anyway. I was wrong. I've been told. There are a few of you. And I thank you. The truth is I should've just kept on writing....I feel happy when I'm writing, and maybe I make you happy too. 

xoxo
Jodi

10 comments:

  1. Leslie Lindberg7/15/2013

    Hi Jodi, glad to see your blog is back!! What a beautiful job, enjoyed it!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! it sounds like you had a good reason to put the blog aside for a while anyway. The wedding was gorgeous.
    The pup adorable ( I just go a cute pup too and he makes me sound silly when I talk to him as well.) :D
    I also got a *new to me camera and am learning some new tricks with it and hopefully taking better pictures.
    Glad to see you back and writing again... Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I hope you are having a wonderful summer & taking lots of pictures...in between puppy loves of course :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7/15/2013

    Told you my Beautiful sister friend !!! Love it & love you Always xo Great job
    She-She

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!! You're back and I can look at your beautiful photos and laugh when I read your wonderful blog!! It's almost like ( but not quite ) we are still just down the road from you!! :-)
    Love seeing the pictures of the kids!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Lori, thank you! That means so much. Maybe we will bump into each other with our "babies" going to school so close to each other. I have to ask...When did we get old enough to be empty nesters?! xo

      Delete
  5. I love this post, Jodi!! Your pictures look great!! I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooke! We had an amazing photographer ;) Im trying to learn my camera so I can be as good as you!
      I have loved keeping up with your website & business. Looks like you are thriving!

      Delete

Please let me know you stopped by!