11.05.2011

Glimpse....

Hey Friends!
Im heading out to visit
my besties
on Whidbey Island.
BUT
before I go I thought I would give you a 
GLIMPSE!

This is the hallway between the kitchen and the Master Bedroom,
Bathroom on left, Living room to the right.
We are building a wall here so we can add more cabinets in the
kitchen, and a little more privacy to the bedroom.
I hope its not a decision I will regret
because this side of the house doesn't get much light.
But the extra kitchen space will be nice!

The WALL is down!
There is a HUGE support beam across the top. The contractor did
an amazing job preserving the plaster on this side of the wall!
This is the view from coming in the
front door!
(dining to right, living room to left, stairs straight ahead)
 We left enough of it to support
part of the countertop, and to trim out the opening
to match the other beautiful trim. We also
wanted to preserve the original corner cabinet.
We LOOOOVE how open it feels!

Looking from our Laundry/Pantry toward the front of the house.
There are so many wall finishes at this point, but
today my sweet husband and son are
putting in drywall and insulation.

OH...
and outlets and covers.
Because who knew that the covers and outlets
aren't included in the rewiring???

In case you are terrified with the SpOOky floors,
Halloween is over... and they are coming out!
Clean & creamy colors.

Appliances come NEXT weekend, so we need to be close to done!!!

Hurray :)


Headin' out to catch my ferry~
xoxox
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Big big job but it is coming along now. You must be thrilled. That beam is gorgeous (I love carpenters).
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! It's been exciting. It will be nice to get the fridge and stove back inside! I've been running out to the garage for creamer for my coffee each morning. ha ha. brrrrr We have much to be thankful for :) Have a great day!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!