11.15.2011

Kitchen Sneak Peek

Good Morning!!

Been busy as beavers over here.

4 weeks....that is how long my house has been in remodeling mode.
We have eaten out about 4 times a week during the process.  I do not
like cooking, but I am so READY to open that box and add water in
my own kitchen. ha ha.


We have a long way til DONE, but we have made a huge dent!
Thankfully not in one of my new appliances!

Here is a sneak peek.



Things we still need to do:

**Paint the ceiling before the new floors go in. (sooooo, guess what I am
doing today???) May need a neck massage tonight.


**Finish putting in the Ikea Butcher block Counter tops.  These are 1 1/2 inch
thick Oak, very affordable, and GORGEOUS! Sadly, when we went to our
Ikea store last weekend, they were OUT OF STOCK with the large size we need
for the peninsula side.  Its OK, we have plenty of other stuff to work on. I just
hope its not going to be January, like they anticipated! If so, I will be driving 
to Portland's Ikea store.

I have a piece of scrap board on the top temporarily. See the sink??? And the dishwasher drawer???
We had to build up the cabinets to make them the right height, but the baseboard will hide that.

**Sink permanently installed, and faucet put in....AFTER counter top.  
Thank goodness for the utility sink! As gross as it is, its still better than having
to use the tub!




**Tile back splash.  This is going to keep the kitchen light. Here is a sample
of what we are doing.  I got these porcelain cream colored subway tiles at my
local Habitat Reuse Store last year. I knew I would use them somewhere!
3 boxes for $5 TOTAL. Yep, you can get great deals at your re-use stores.
For a little bling we are doing a small strip of the glass mini subway tile. The
colors are perfect with the wall, corner cabinets, and stainless.


**Hang new lighting.  I found some great vintage style milk glass fixtures
at our local Lowe's store.  I will show those later.  We had a dimmer added
to the switch (for late night smooching while washing dishes??? ha ha) Anyways,
after 23 years of marriage...a little dimmer switch might be fun!


**Flooring. Obvious.

** And a little surprise on the Chalkboard/microwave/Baking Center wall...
I'm still in the creative process at this point (meaning I'm trying to convince my 
very tired, over-it-already, darling husband that this will add character. 
PLLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSE sweetie xoxoxox) 
Stay tuned for that one.


**Laundry room: new floors to match kitchen,  and dresser turned 
base cabinet (another treat!)


**And many little details that would bore you to tears.

Using cabinets that were custom made for another home has proved to be challenging,
but not as difficult as we expected. We could not use the over-the-refrigerator cabinet (too big) 
so we are figuring that out. Also, we had to cut off (totally destroy!) an end cabinet next
to the built in dishwasher. But you will never know it in the end!


Oh, and I had a surprise visitor yesterday!
I cannot wait to share that story with you!!

So fun, and interesting!


Gotta go earn my keep!
xoxoxo
Jodi




2 comments:

  1. Leslie Lindberg11/15/2011

    WOW!!!!!! It's really coming along! You guys have been busy, you need to come and do my kitchen now! HaHa!! :)
    Loved the piece on your sweet husband, we thank him.

    Love you,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is developing perfectly. Love the cabinets! I would love to get together after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!