11.23.2011

Delicious Sweet Potato Recipe!!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Day!

As I write this I have a pot of 
Sweet Potatoes
boiling over
on my new stove 
and I couldn't be happier!

Although we still have plenty to do to complete
the kitchen remodel,
it is mostly functional and we have eaten
at home all week. 

I thought I would share this DELICIOUS
recipe from my dear friend Diane.
Like many Military families,
 we often get together with our friends at 
Thanksgiving.
They become a part of our family.
Diane is now on the EAST coast *sniffle*
but her Sweet Potato Recipe
is a family favorite.

Give it a try this year! 
You will love it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
May God richly bless you and your families.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3-4 cups cooked/peeled/cooled sweet potato
  1   cup sugar
1/2 cup  butter
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup milk

Whip all of the above in your mixer until a creamy (mashed potato) consistency.
Spread into a 9x13 greased casserole dish, 
set aside.

Next combine:

  1  cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Sprinkle over the top of your casserole.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with mini marshmallows the last 10 minutes until bubbly and golden.

Enjoy with your Turkey!!

xoxoxo
Jodi





1 comment:

  1. Leslie Lindberg11/23/2011

    That's the same recipe I have for Thanksgiving! It's sooo yummy, and Tom and Gregg usually dislike sweet potatoes but loves these!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,
    I'm thankful for your friendship! I love you.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!