2.17.2011

Oh Shoot!

My living room is OVERFLOWING with furniture, the kitchen counters are full of projects, and the dining room table is stacked with dishes. Sounds like an episode of "Hoarders", right? But I'm not a hoarder (thank goodness Im not opening a pet store!) ...I've been busy putting together all the goodies for my first ever Antique Booth! It's located in the Poulsbo Antique Mall in Poulsbo, WA.

This charming little Scandanavian town is located in Kitsap County between Tacoma and Pt. Townsend. Its a great day trip with views of the water and Olympic Mountains.  Feast on pastries in the local bakery, and spend the day meandering through the unique shops and restaurants.  (This is where a good blogger with a awesome camera would insert a breathtaking photo.....*crickets churp*....my battery was DEAD, its always dead when I need it!) Guess you will just have to make the trip, it is well worth the drive.

Last night I began working on an upholstered headboard. I needed to use the nail gun. Not the little hand held wimpy kind,  but the big loud compressor-don't point it at your face-kind.  It had been awhile since I used it, so I asked my husband (from here on out referred as "Mr. Fresh") for a refresher (ha ha, no pun intended).  As he left for the gym with our 16 year old son, he smiled and said "its easy, you will figure it out in no time."  It only took a mere 60 minutes to get the nail gun thingy attached to the hose which attaches to the big red compressor which has to be turned on to a certain pressure...and makes a very LOUD jump out of your pants sound.  Please note that jumping out of your pants in not a good thing to do when you have a NAIL gun in your hand! Then there were the staples. Now, I know it would have been a smarter idea to inspect the nail gun while unattached...but I just wanted the staples to stay in the gun. **UGH** after many attempts to get the fabric on just so and *bang* no staples I was ready to toss the dumb thing. Then... (clouds part, angelic music inserted) I saw it, the teeny little button at the very back of the handle...click...snap...the staples were locked in.  yippee!  The headboard was done in no time and turned out beautifully.  What I failed to mention was that in my frustration, I accidentally stapled the wool rug to the hardwood floor...oh well, It kept slipping around anyways.  Mr. Fresh will never have to know, he thinks Im pretty smart.

Coming soon (when I  get a new battery...and can figure out how to attach photo's!!) a little sneak peak of my projects. Im going to link up to my facebook page too!  This is so much better than sitting in an office 8 hours a day!! I love my life....

Lesson of the day? Go learn something new today, and don't worry if you nail your rug to the floor! Its part of the process and  it may save you from a fall later:)  You will be so happy you tried....its only a nail after all.

 *Jodi*


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/18/2011

    ooh, ooh, I get to be the first to comment on the new best blog out there! Jodi, you are so dang funny. It's a good thing you are doing this blog. It will make putting the book together later so much easier :)

    ps - I've never posted on a blog before, so I guess I am going to be listed as anonymous.

    It's me, ~Shelley Dickinson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!!!! Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I could totally see you struggling with the nail gun! LOL I can't wait to see pictures of your projects and your booth. You have a lot of talent in this area. I have always loved the things you have done around your own home(s) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/18/2011

    LOVED it!! Good for you for following your dreams. Does this mean I have to call Dan Mr. Fresh now too? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Jodi! You are the best and very entertaining especially after 9 PM at night. I hope it wasn't late when you did the stapling incident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie Lindberg2/19/2011

    Oh my goodness, Jodi, you're too funny!! I laughed so hard I cried. You're fight with the nail gun so comical!
    I'm so happy and proud of you Jodi How exciting your new adventure is, good luck and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!