2.24.2011

Paws and effect

My friend Susan gave me a really cool "old school" 
elementary desk.....
Actually, she was hauling it to Goodwill and I hijacked it
from the back of her van.
Im blessed with friends who like me even when I pick through their "junk"

Do you remember sitting at a old metal desk like this??? too cute!

I confess, I hate to pass up free stuff that can be freshened up
or repurposed.
Last week I asked my 16 year old son
to jump out of the truck (I stopped, but barely)
 to lug 2 chairs from the curb into the back seat
of the truck. You see, earlier that morning, I'd noticed the small round wood table
and 4 good chairs at the curb (that means FREE!) I was in my
slippers with my hair all over the place, and so I would not stop.
As if you must look good to pick from the curb, right?
I decided that if it was still there later in the day, it would be all mine.
After school, Jordon willingly became my curb hauling buddy.

Later that evening, while admiring my "find",
I began to think... Isn't it odd only 2 chairs were left?
and then it occurred to me...
WHAT IF  a cute little family of  FOUR came by
earlier and could only fit 2 chairs and table in their car???
WHAT IF they came back later to find the other 2 GONE? 
I felt a little bad! 

ANYWHOOOOO...
back to the adorable desk.
Mr. Fresh kindly took it apart, and yesterday I started
 to paint it.
(After all, the sun was out, with no snow to be seen in my neck of the woods)
I chose a deep red high gloss that I
may antique to tone down a little.

Next, I sanded down the top to roughen it up.
...then I began to paint on the chalkboard paint.  I went on
to other things as it dried.
When I came back to check it...THIS is what I found.
Do you see those little toes???

Our little stinker, Smokey the cat, jumped up onto the 
counter...into the wet paint!
My floors resembled an episode of Blues Clues!
We were finding "clues" all over the house. 
Nothing a little sandpaper and another coat of paint cant fix.

 How could I get mad at this sweet lil guy?

Be sure to check out some of the blogs I follow ----> 
you will find AMAZING and talented women!

Friday I'm going to paint my booth! I decided on a really pretty crisp
blue that will brighten up the space, and coordinate with
the items I will sell.  I have added a few things
to the FOR SALE page. The photo and staging
is not very good quality, but Im working towards that:)
I will be adding so much more.
Once I set up the booth, I will post pictures!

Please....Don't forget
You're NEVER to old to follow your dreams
 xoxo Jodi







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!