3.23.2011

Knock, Knock!!

Who's There?

Its ME, Its ME!!!
Holy Moley, this week went by FAST!
I missed you all so much.
There's much to share, so lets get started!
I dont know where my hair went, it wasnt even pulled up.
weird

My daughter and I got up SUPER early
on Friday. We drove from our Bremerton area home to the
 Pt. Townsend - Coupeville
Ferry


It was a beautiful crisp Spring morning. 
Here is a (online) picture of Port Townsend.
Image by: 52perfectdays.com

This where the
movie "An Officer and a Gentleman" was
filmed. On a breezy day you can really
smell the paper factory! 
(Do you remember the scene when 
Richard Gere carries out Debra Winger at the end!)
I think of that movie every time Im there.
Its ironic that I, too, am married to an Officer & Gentleman. 
I think it would be fun to put on the dress whites and
re-create that scene...or not...ok, nevermind....

Upon arriving on Whidbey Island, I met up
with my dear friend Shannon.
We loaded up the mini van for our 4 hour tour
over the mountains to Wenachee!
We made a stop at 
STARBUCKS for a java
(and returned a little shoe to a tyke that lost it in
the parking lot)
and off we went into the sunrise!
This is the Deception Pass Bridge...You have to drive
over it or take a ferry to get off Whidbey Island.
It is the most beautiful place I have ever been and 
 I never tire of seeing it.


So, after about 2 hours of driving (and a lot
of laughing, talking and catching up!)
 we decided to stop for lunch. 
We were near the top of the summit and spotted
this place.



It was the most adorable place full of happy
people. We thought at any moment the 
FONZ 
was going to walk in with a "aaayyyy"!

We had burgers that were as good, if not better,
than home made. The onion rings were FANTASTIC!
Ok, gross out warning here....
This is a half eaten burger because I was too hungry
to remember whole food is much more photogenic!


I asked our waitress if I could take her
picture for my blog and she was so NICE!
Turns out she is the new bride to the owner of this 
charming diner. I wish I would have
gotten her name. But CONGRATULATIONS
Mrs. delicious hamburger lady:)

Before leaving, I had to use the little girls room...
These "tubs" on the window sill made me giggle!!
I was in there a long time trying to get a non-glare
picture...luckily no one was waiting outside
the door.  How would I explain the giggling
and all...

"Hands a little dry?" "Make a little stink?" "Hair a little frizzy?"
Bye bye diner, bye bye SNOW.

Just over the mountain pass is a scenic little
German town called Leavenworth, WA.
It's quite a tourist destination. 
I tried to take a picture of my own, but it didn't turn out.
But I found this, and it will fill you in, you may even dance a little!

Next stop....Shannon's Moms house.
Stephanie is moving into her brand spankin new house!

It has been too cold to pour a driveway or
paint the outside of the house, but I can see it already!
It will look fabulous.

I love the new house smell! 
Her house was beautiful. Wood floors, Travortine tile,
Sile stone counter tops in a creamy goodness color.
All the glazed cabinets were "magic" 
No slammin' these doors or drawers to get your point across.
They gracefully close themselves.

My favorite room in the house????
This Bathroom of course!



Marble subway tile, gorgeous silver blue
walls and a basket weave pattern of
black and gray in the shower!
I wanted to pack it up and bring it home with me!

After unpacking for umpteen hours Stephanie 
was so kind to take us out to eat.
We went into town and ate at The Olive Garden.
If you were there that night, I must apologize.

We were only drinking water, maybe it was the lemon,
or maybe it was sheer exhaustion, but
we were NUTTY!!!
See, I never knew how to use the spoon with the fork
to eat this....


but Shannon, being the fine cultured young lady (hee hee) she is,
gave me a step by step tutorial.
Its hard to tell, but the fork is pressed into the spoon to hold the pasta on the fork!
Genius...I say:)


What you don't see is that it took about 8 shots, 
and many very strange looks to get the angle right. I would show
you the one I thought was the best, but I 
promised her I would not put it on here for the
world to see...TEMPTING:)
But I wont, okay Shan!!?
Yummy Yummy!

The next morning we woke up to the sun beaming into the 
window.  What is nicer than waking up to sunshine on
your face?  How about looking into rows of
apple trees?  The back portion of her 2 1/2 acres is
an Apple orchard!

The birds were celebrating, and
the trees are on the brink of blooming. Its a happy place in Spring.
All that mud will be a beautiful lawn soon





Speaking of a happy place, this is Shannon in the muddy
front yard. She is in her element in them there boots and the
sun on her face!

I LOVE this view from the side of her house, the way the clouds
leave a shadow on the rolling hills...so pretty!


Shannon and her mom, Stephanie.



kitchen and closets organized.
We left for home early Sunday morning.
Heading home....going over the mountain pass

We had a time
limit, so we weren't able to stop at the antique malls in
the area.  I think I was too tired to focus anyways.
Don't worry, I will be back!!

Once back in Oak Harbor, I was very happy to scoop up my oldest
son and bring him back home with me for a few days.
Going back to Oak Harbor on THE bridge. Looking East towards
the Cascade Mountains

He wanted to come home and eat real food and work
for some extra cash. Boy did I have WORK for him
to do too.....

Remember Plan B????  
Gravel in the driveway instead of concrete?
(If not you can read about it in my last post)
We needed 4 inches of dirt dug up and moved so that
we could grade the ground for crushed rock.
I am so happy to say that my boys busted out that driveway
in 2 days! Yay!
We should have rocks in by next week.
Thanks guys, all I can say is....
(you see this one coming, right?)
YOU ROCK!

I have not been to Poulsbo to fluff my booth in 2 WEEKS! 
I spent today in the warm sunshine
 getting more things ready, but it will be another few
days before I can get there to add it in.

I realized on Monday that it was that last time I will have all 3 kids
at home at the same time until CHRISTMAS! 
So, in a panic, I made an appointment to have 
family photo's taken. I'm so glad we were able to squeeze that in!
Afterwards, we went to Outback for dinner and had 
a great time together:) 
Mmmm, love me some bloomin' onion!

Just so you know.....

I am preparing to make a huge cross country trip, so...
you may find me a little (or ALOT) sentimental at times these days.
The part of my byline that says "transitioning into this
new season of life...." Well, that season
is now.  Child #2, and our only daughter, is moving 
FAR from us.  We are so excited for her, and so very
proud. But I can't help but feel a big lump in my throat. How
did she go from baby to young woman over night???
Gotta run and get some tissue....
and a hug

xoxoxox
Jodi



2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! That was a lot to cram in and you did it wonderfully! Thanks so much for all your hard work at my moms! I couldn't have done it without you, and this time I really mean it : ). Love you!!! Praying for your heart as your departure arrives and praying for your time with your sweet girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you!...and what a week! It's fun to see another PacNWest girl visiting alot of my fave places! Thanks for sharing your travels, and charm! It's hard when the nest starts to empty...that's one of the reasons I took up blogging! *Lynne* {w/l}

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!