3.16.2011

quickie update!


Well, thought I would give you a quick update...
and let you know that the ESTIMATE 
was wayyyyyyy tooooooo muuuucccch for us
right now.  But that is ok.  We often do 
our best work on limited resources!

We also got an estimate for a 6ft. wide
concrete front porch since he was here anyways.
I thought it would be MUCH more than it was.
So...

Plan B:  dig up 4" of dirt in existing driveway
and put in fresh crushed rock. Add cottage stone
around the perimeter for aesthetics...some 
nice plants and a new garage door. That will
help a lot with the mud problem:)

SO...NOW we will save, save, save so that we
can build that porch. (This is where I say BOOOO
to the evil Dave Ramsey...not really, but anyone
who has taken his course knows exactly what I mean)
Cash....no credit.....It will take us MONTHS
to get there, but it helps to have a plan!  But when
we DO have the means...YOU will be the first
to know it!! I promise.

In the wake of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan,
I feel so foolish even making an issue of a little mud!
Perspective, perspective, perspective.

I had a quickie ickie (short cold) for a few days,
which explains the sleeping so much  Monday & Tuesday.
I did not feel like painting, but caught up on...
(This is so embarrassing!!)
Teen Mom, Hoarders, Parenthood
... and alot of HGTV.

Please don't judge me on my trash TV phase.
Oh, and isn't this season of American Idol good?
A lot of great talent!

Today...no TV...Im painting for real.
AND I had a suprise visit from my friend Susan.
She came bearing gifts in distress.
YEP...her toss away side tables.
Me love me some free tables to fix up!!!
But more than the tables...I love Susan:)
Thank you friend!

Have a AWESOME day!!!
xoxoxo
*Jodi*


3 comments:

  1. Things really get put in a different perspective with world sorrows abounding. Thanks for the cheery reality post. I am getting closer to cash only and am so looking forward to that state. Its a good place to be.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, I think that hoarders show is therapy, it keeps our junk in check,lol! Many of my family are on the Dave Ramsey plan, so I "get it". We've tried to stay away from credit, too, but it sure is tempting sometimes.

    About Japan, I was expecting a foreihn exchange student from Japan today, from the East Coast...his town, Kuji, is gone...Of course the trip was canceled...I didn't have an email for him personally...We're not sure about him, hard to get news and I don't want to be in the way, trying to find out, so please just pray...I'd never met him, but I'd read his bio and seen all his pictures, family, friends, soccer team, his home...his dad, a carpenter had built it...there were some girls coming too...so tragic...

    Thanks, Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lezlee, I will surely be praying for him specifically as well as all
    the people of Japan. Let us know when you hear something. Its hard to
    imagine entire villages just swept away. Generations of families. Im sure you have developed a bond with his family. My thoughts & prayers are with you as well, my friend! xoxoxo Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!