3.02.2011

Stepping Stones



REMEMBER THIS?????
BEFORE...



SAME ANGLE...AFTER 
It's still a little sparse, and I need a sisal rug, but oh, SO much brighter!
(Still using the cell phone camera, sorry!)

The book shelf is temporary. The owner let me use it until I bring in a great display piece.
Im hoping to find a large lighted frenchy buffet that I can paint. Do you  remember
when you could find one CHEAP? Not anymore people,
even the ugly ones are $200 at St. Vincents Thrift store.
I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can hit those GARAGE sales!!!

Booth Before.....


Same Angle...AFTER!
I have some picnic baskets for that upper shelf, a full size metal bed and
beautiful french desk & chair coming later this week.


This is the other side of booth. I covered the lattice with more old doors and beaded board.
(See the empty spot on the shelf? I SOLD my first thing while setting up!)

While setting up yesterday I met a very nice lady.
We chatted for quite awhile!
While listening, it occurred to me that so many of us have the same fears.
The fear of TRUSTING in the ability to share our gifts, talents and passions.
Fear of following our desires.
Not the immoral ones, of course! Don't go there!
But the desire to be who we know we were created to be,
our very own gift. No two people are alike.
Some of us wait so long for fear of failing,
 and sometimes it just takes time and life experience for us
to narrow down what that passion is.

About a month ago I told my daughter
"Im afraid to start this, WHAT IF I fail?" and she said
"Mom, dont think of the past experiences as failures, but stepping stones to the future!"
That changed my mind set. She is SO right.
Each experience, good and bad...
prepare us for the next opportunity!
There is no failure. Its a time to redirect, to learn and to grow!
So, for the other gals out there that feel a calling,
Dont be afraid!
Put on your hiking shoes and start stepping on those stones.

And to the sweet lady I met yesterday, Thank you for
being my very first SALE!

Happy Wednesday friends!

xoxoxo
*Jodi*





3 comments:

  1. Looks great Jodi! So proud of you!!

    Love you, Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi, you've made your space sing. What a huge change you've make with doors and white. I will be following your blog.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi,

    Wow what a change you made to that space!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!